Here you can find useful information about our data centre and some key features.
Deep in the heart of Thames Valley sits our data centre. All our servers are connected to a network that has been independently-rated as being one of the fastest in the UK. Our data centre has multiple Tier 1 transit providers, dual power supplies, best of breed Cisco technology and support for fibre and copper gigabit connections.
The data centre we operate from is a 50,000 square foot facility split over four data halls. The data centre is manned by a dedicated team of engineers and security staff 24/7. Below you can see key features about our data centre.
- 24 hour manned security, biometric access and intruder alarms
- 24 hour on site Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- 24 hour monitored HD CCTV
- Access control system
- Multi-layer access points
- 6 x 1.5 MW Generators
- 0.75 kW/m² power density
- N+1 Air Conditioning Systems
- Dual zone fire detection
- Up to 63A MCCBs within PDUs
- Dark fibre capability and diverse fibre entry
- Carrier neutral
- 2 x 8 MW diverse supply UPS (N+1)
- Controlled environment – room temperature 24°C +/- 2°C
- 0.75kW/m² cooling density
- 12kN/m² raised floor system – 450mm & 600mm void
- Mirrored switchgear
Don't just take our word for how fast our network is, here you can really try it out for yourself. If you would like to ping our network, you may do by pinging our speed test domain name 'speedtest.hostworld.uk' or choose a file size below to download and test our speed.
- 10 MB Test
- 100 MB Test
- 1000 MB Test