Terms Of Service
Hostworld internet limited (hostworld) offers you a wide variety of products and services on the following terms. By utilising the service in any way you are agreeing to comply with these terms, which we may update without notice and encourage you to examine here at any time. These terms incorporate and supersede any other terms associated with the files and applications which are available on hostworld.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current policies. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our terms of service, please contact us via the given options available before purchase and we’ll be happy to help.
Your liability for Content & Conduct
You are responsible for any content that you make public or transmit on or through our service. You will also obey all applicable laws and regulations regarding online conduct and content. You will not copy, distribute or commercially exploit any part of the service.
You agree you will not use our service to distribute, link to or request content that:
- Is unlawful, harmful to minors, vulgar, harassing, abusive, defamatory, threatening, gratuitously violent, obscene, invasive of other’s privacy or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
- Includes personally identifiable information about children.
- Infringes someone else’s intellectual property or other rights.
- Advocates or solicits violence or other criminal conduct.
- Violates any contract, regulation, copyright or law.
- Constitutes illegal gambling.
- Specifically advertises pornography or any product or service that is illegal.
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- Executes mass mailing, SPAM or unsolicited email.
You agree you will not install any of the following on your account if your account is hosted in a shared hosting enviroment such as web hosting, reseller hosting and premium hosting:
- Any Proxy Servers/Proxy Scripts and/or any alternatives.
- Any chat or web cam scripts.
- Any Cast Control or SHOUTcast scripts.
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts and/or any alternatives.
These scripts can cause serious performance and security risks in our shared enviroment. Any account with these scripts on will be subject to immediate suspension. Repeated offences are liable to account termination without refund.
Certain scripts above are accepted on our SSD VPS and dedicated server packages, if you’re unsure about what you can host on your account please contact us prior to purchase.
Anti Spam & Bulk Email
You understand that unsolicited mass emailing (also refereed to as spam, unsolicited bulk email, and unsolicited commercial email) or the use of automated scripts to post comments or links to multiple, non-client owned blogs, forums, guestbooks, Internet messengers, phones or other internet connected media is strictly forbidden. The client agrees to pay for any fees or damage in result of the spam within their account. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel any or all accounts without notice, due to the violation of this policy. If you use our service for unsolicited mass mailing (also refereed to as spam) you will be violating of our terms of service and no refund will be issued. All IP’s on the hostworld network are strictly monitored.
The service you are receiving may include the ability to send and receive electronic mail. Use of your electronic mail account to send unsolicited commercial messages is prohibited. Mass electronic messages or “mail-bombing” (sending mass unsolicited mail or deliberately sending very large attachments to one recipient) are prohibited. Forging electronic mail headers (addresses) is also strictly prohibited regardless of commercial content. Use of electronic mail to harass or intimidate other users is prohibited. Spamming, sending unsolicited commercial email messages or unsolicited bulk messaging to advertise, offer, sell or buy any goods or services for any business or individual is strictly prohibited (this also includes opt-out email’s). In response to a complaint, hostworld has the discretion to determine from all of the evidence it receives whether the intended recipients were from an “opt-in” email list. Shared server accounts are also prohibited from sending solicited (e.g. opt-in) email via mailing lists (or combinations of mailing lists or other programmatic methods) that include more that 250 total accounts, unless special arrangements have been made in writing with hostworld which specify the terms and conditions of such mailings. If arrangements have been made for a larger out-in mailing lists, and, in the sole opinion of hostworld these mailing lists cause server performance problems of any kind, then hostworld may, at its sole discretion, remove or demand the removal of the mailing list at any time.
hostworld may regularly audit server accounts for abuse, if any of the abuse policies in these terms of service are violated, you may be required as determined by us, to pay a fine to hostworld for unintended or deliberate violations as compensation for damages. In addition, hostworld may take legal action in response to any acts of abuse which may result in additional financial penalties. hostworld reserves the right to transfer any content that is perceived (at the sole discretion of hostworld) to be in violation of these terms of service to the appropriate authorities for prosecution, enforcement and/or legal action.
In addition we use fraud prevention software to screen new orders for previous fraudulent activity and report existing clients who violate our Terms of Service. In case of a violation, your details may be reported to fraud screening services using one-way hashed information.
You will submit accurate and current information on all registration forms on the server. You will not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or misrepresent the origin of any materials distributed through the service.
Registering multiple accounts without prior permission and justification is prohibited. Accounts found to be “linked” may be subject to review. During the review process some or all of your services may be suspended until the review process is concluded. If hostworld is not satisfied with the information provided as part of the review process, or considers your account as a risk to business operations your service(s) may be terminated without notice.
Certain web hosting service(s) we offer are eligible for refunds, but only at hostworld discretion. Refunds are usually issued by account client credit to order another service with hostworld. PayPal refunds will be authorised depending on the reason for the cancellation, refunds within 30 days of purchase will be refunded by the original payment method. All fees to do with setup, handling, transaction or modification fees are taken out of the refundable amount. Bitcoin payments are refunded using GBP as the base currency for the price of the product, converted into Bitcoin at the current rate at the time that the refund is processed. All other services which hostworld provide are not refundable.
We will honour our 30 day money back guarantee period depending on why the customer is cancelling. Violations of our terms of service leading to account suspension or termination will result in account closure with no issued refund.
Dedicated servers and domains are excluded from our 30 day money back guarentee.
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any service at our sole discretion. All clients are expected to pay their invoices promptly. Accounts that are past invoice due for 3 days will be subject to a temporary deactivation (suspension) of their service. Accounts past the due in excess of 5 days will be cancelled (terminated). See below ‘Payment & Renewal’ section for more information on product renewals. Any accounts that violate of our terms of service will not be eligible for a refund, even if your service is within the money back guarantee period.
- a) If the service includes the allocation of an IP address the customer has no claim to a specific IP address. We reserve the right to change the customer’s allocated IP address when necessary with prior written notice.
- b) Customers accept that we do not directly control the geographic location of any IP addresses. Although we make every effort to submit corrections to major geo-IP databases we provide absolutely no guarantees regarding the perceived geo-IP location of an IP address by third parties
- c) Requests for an IP address change due to incorrect geo-IP location must be made within 24 hours of the service welcome email being sent – requests received after this period will be rejected unless it can be specified exactly by the customer which geo-IP database is reflecting the incorrect location along with a URL to the out of date geo-IP database
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a server is strictly prohibited and may result in account suspension or termination without a refund.
For our shared hosting packages – if an activity causes excessive server load, and this load is deemed by technical support staff to be at risk of crashing or handing the server, the account may be temporarily suspended or have the specific scripts disabled/removed in order to prevent and/or stop the excessive load. This action may be taken without notice to the customer, although we will make best effort to contact the customer first. hostworld will work with you to offer you the best options available. We do not allow our shared hosting plans to be used as backup storage and as such we reserve the right to delete any archive files which begin with the name “backup-“.
For our VPS hosting packages – resources purchased on any VPS package are available for use and we work hard to ensure that all VPS packages have access to their fair share of network bandwidth at all times as a minimum. If however a VPS is consistently consuming excessive network resource beyond their fair share, we may take measures to limit network speeds so that other clients are not negatively impacted until we find a permenant solution which may involve a chargeable upgrade. hostworld will never suspend or terminate a VPS package for excessive resource utilisation unless the client is believed to have circumvented any limits we have applied in direct response to excessive resources being observed.
We have a specific VPS CPU utilisation policy as part of our terms of service. You can read more detail on this here:
VPS CPU utilisation policy
Domain Name Registration & Renewals
Whilst renewal notices are sent these should only be considered as reminders, these reminders are not part of the service. It is the client’s ultimate responsibility for domain renewal. Due to the third party nature of domain renewals, Hostworld will take no responsibility for technical errors that delay or fail to renew domains. The client must ensure their domain has renewed correctly. The client has 30 days to notice errors with domain renewals. The client accepts that whether or not The Company has successfully contacted the client The Company cannot be held liable if the Client fails to renew the domain prior to the expiry date.
The company shall notify the client of renewal notifications as they are received by the company from the relevant registration authority. These notifications will be delivered to the email address provided by the client on their initial order unless an updated email address has been provided and this update has been confirmed by the company. The company shall not be liable for losses whether financial or otherwise caused by the clients failure to notify us of changes to the email address or other details relating to the specific order that caused the loss.
Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term.
To ensure uninterrupted operation of the domain renewals should be placed with The Company at least 7 working days prior to the expiry date. Due to the distributed nature of the domain name system it can take up to this long for a renewal to be fully processed and accepted.
All domains are renewed on an annual basis, we will send out reminder emails 30 days, 14 days, 7 days and 1 day before expiry. We will send the emails to the email address on the account, it is the registrants responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date. Hostworld take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect. If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 14 days before your domain expires by emailing us at [email protected]. Alternatively you can set your domain to auto renew, this can be managed through the client portal area. All domains will be auto renewed 14 days in advance of the domain name expiring and will be billed 28 days in advance.
If you are ordering a domain ending “.uk” such as co.uk, org.uk, ltd.uk, or plc.uk domain name then your order is also subject to Nominet’s Terms and Conditions. A full copy of these can be viewed at:
VPS Reseller Packages
We want to ensure our VPS reseller package resources are used by those that purchase them in a responsible manner, therefore any VPS reseller packages will be bound by the following additional terms of service.
hostworld may make available third-party provisioning modules for the popular web hosting management system “WHMCS” however it makes no guarantee as to the quality of service or functionality of such modules or any constituent parts of them. hostworld does not accept any damages in any form for the performance of such third-party modules or any errors that may arise from their use. The customer should only use these modules once an appraisal has been conducted by them in-line with the instructions and support material or services available directly with the third-party module maintainer. Any support required on these modules should be sought from the maintainer and their performance does not reflect on the VPS reseller services provided by hostworld.
- Our 30 day money back guarantee policy no longer applies once the customer creates more than one virtual machine.
- Resource (additional) upgrades (such as additional IPs) cannot be refunded once purchased (one-off charge and recurring) and are not eligible for a refund unless for a technical reason that we cannot resolve. Customers can request via the billing dept. to reduce resource allocations (over and above the base package) for the next billing period. If at the time of renewal you are still using the resources that you have asked to be removed, we will continue to bill you for these for a entirety of your next billing period.
- You are responsible for all content hosted on our server for services billed to you, therefore any abuse reports will be sent to you for action and a response should be sent back to us within the timeframes we set. If an abuse report relates to a mail blacklist, you must continue to pay for your VPS reseller package until the blacklist entries are removed in full by you.
- IP address justification – each VM needs 1 x IPv4 or IPv6 address allocated to it. Where more than 1x IPv4 address is assigned by you to a VM we expect you to do this responsibly to ensure this allocation is justified and that it is not intended to be used for mass mailing (which we prohibit without us confirming first in writing that it is fine). We do not require you to send us details of your justification, however you should ensure you build this into your process as we may request justification regarding IPv4 usage and if there is no valid justification we reserve the right to deallocate any IPv4 or IPv6 addresses from your virtual machines.
- hostworld reserves the right to exercise ultimate control over the VMs that are assigned to you; and where justified we may suspend a service if we have no choice or are not receiving a response from yourself. A key example would be paedophilic material being hosted on your server(s), we’d need to take immediate action to suspend the service in such a case and if we were to intervene and exercise control over a virtual machine you must not under any circumstances interfere or perform any actions on the VM without expressed written permission from hostworld beforehand, for legal reasons.
- We may notify you that a service needs to be relocated to a different VPS node, and we will provide you with as much notice as we can so you can manage your own user expectations if applicable. We may do this if a VM is consuming a significant amount of resources and would be better hosted on a different VPS node with less utilisation. Essentially, we reserve the right to redistribute our resources.
- PTR/rDNS updates need a ticket submitted to us so we can apply these with the data centre manually. Please ensure an A record is set to the PTR value, otherwise we won’t be able to apply this.
- All technical support is delivered directly to you and we will never contact your customers directly, nor do you have permission to direct any of your customers or other third parties to us for support, no matter how small the issue may be (we will refuse to support them for GDPR reasons) unless a prior agreement in writing is provided by hostworld.
- All downgrades need to manually handled so you’d need to raise a ticket into the billing dept for this to be reviewed and actioned regardless of whether our portal allows you to place a downgrade order.
Forex VPS packages
Our line of Forex VPS packages come preinstalled with either MT4 or MT5 depending on the selection made during the order process.
Clients purchasing these packages also agree to the following terms:
- Hostworld preinstalls terminals in such a way to guarantee performance of the terminals
- Installing your own Terminals or replacing the existing preinstalled terminals without authorisation voids our 30 day money back guarantee policy and we provide absolutely no assurances or guarantees with respect to the performance of the terminals or the VPS in this scenario
- Installing your own Terminals in addition to the ones which are preinstalled without authorisation voids our 30 day money back guarantee policy and we provide absolutely no assurances or guarantees with respect to the performance of the terminals or the VPS in this scenario
- If the client requires custom terminals from their own broker they should raise a support ticket requesting the preinstalled terminals be replaced. The client should provide a download URL for the Terminal from their chosen broker
- Due to the nature of Expert Advisors, Hostworld provides absolutely no guarantees regarding Terminal or VPS performance when EA’s are used
Service Level Agreement
The client should note that the service level agreement (SLA) can change at any time and service credit refunds is at hostworld discretion. You can see our SLA agreement here.
Data Storage & Account Backups
Clients must be aware that it is their responsibility to frequently backup any information that they host on our servers. We are not responsible for any files, scripts, coding or data that may be lost, corrupted or abused in a server-related issue. hostworld is not responsible for recovering any damaged or lost files, regardless of the plan and options purchased. Clients are responsible for making back-up files in connection with their use of the services they have purchased. hostworld may offer complimentary backup services with a hosting package however these are provided on a best endeavours basis and we make no guarantee of their availability if a backup is required. You are solely responsible for independent backup and safekeeping of any client data stored on hostworld resources, we are not to be relied upon for the guarantee of website backups.
You shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining your website and any and all files, pages, data, works, information and/or materials on, within, displayed, linked or transmitted to, from or through your website, including, without limitation, trade or service marks, images, photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, email or other messages, meta tags, domain names, software and text. Your website content shall also include any registered domain names provided by you or registered on behalf of you in connection with the hosting services.
Although our technical support team will try their best to resolve any technical issues you have, we are not responsible for correcting system software and/or server faults caused by your website or software installations (including, but not limited to, incompatible upgrades), but may offer to correct these faults at current labour rates.
Payment & Renewal
Full payment is required in advance before hosting service is established. You grant hostworld the right to debit your PayPal or Credit/Debit Card account you provided on the order form for the services you signed up for on a recurring basis until such service is cancelled by you in writing by using the cancellation form provided in the client area.
Invoices for the renewal of a product are generated automatically, via an automated system 7 days before your next payment is due. If you have a valid and chargeable Credit/Debit card on your account at the time the invoice is generated, our automated systems will attempt to charge the default card and/or any other cards you have associated with your account. If payment is not received 3 days after the renewal date (after the renewal invoice becomes overdue), the service will enter a suspended state. After 5 days of your renewal invoice becoming overdue your account will be terminated. hostworld will make best effort to contact you before the termination. Once a service is terminated we cannot guarantee that we will be able to restore it if you subsequently wish to renew it. Upon termination our automated systems purge data associated with the service.
PayPal Subscriptions are the responsibility of the client. If you have instructed PayPal to send hostworld regular payments via their subscription service this will continue until you cancel this. If you have cancelled your service you need to make sure that you have cancelled any associated PayPal subscription(s). Refunds of funds received via a PayPal subscription that was not cancelled due to client error will be refunded back to the client account balance with hostworld. Any refunds back to the associated PayPal account will be be processed on a discretionary basis and minus any fees hostworld incurred as part of receiving the erroneous subscription payment.
All services automatically renew unless stated otherwise. Your account will be automatically renewed under the same time and fee structure unless you give written notice to hostworld 5 days before the renewal date that you do not wish to renew such account.
hostworld offers various different discounts to it’s customers. Discounts, also known as coupon/promo codes and are offered at hostworld’s discretion and can be withdrawn at any time. Recurring offers will remain recurring at the discounted price until; A) the product expires and is not renewed by you, B) you cancel the product or C) hostworld licencing costs (such as cPanel) increase outside of our control.
With certain products we offer a discounted WHMCS license or free dedicated IP address, when using a recurring coupon code, WHMCS or a free dedicated IP address will not form part of that package. If a coupon code has been used during sign up and you require WHMCS or a dedicated IP, these may be offered at hostworld’s discretion at a discounted cost.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The internet is a complex network of services, equipment and providers of information. Thus the service may not be available to you at all times. hostworld will peruse all resources and channels available to maintain availability to you, however hostworld is not responsible for any interruption in service or down time that may occur, whether or not due to the act of hostworld.
hostworld makes no express or implied warranties (including but not limited to warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular use) with respect to the services it provides. Neither hostworld nor anyone else involved in the provision of the service is liable to you or any third-party for direct or indirect damages resulting from the use, nonuse or non-availability of services provided herein, whether or not such damages resulted from the negligence or hostworld, even if hostworld has been advised to the possibility of such damages.
hostworld terms of service may be modified at any time by hostworld without prior notice. Your continued use of the service will be deemed consent and in agreement to any such amended terms of service.
Last Updated: 09/01/2023